   RE: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

>Another thing we could try is to have a switch that makes XSLT 2.0 use
>XPath 1.0. XSLT 2.0 has some really useful stuff (multiple output
>documents, grouping, result-tree-fragments out the window,
>user-defined functions) so it'd be a real shame if we couldn't use
>them just because we wanted to avoid XPath 2.0.

That seems logical to me, they already have the association of
xpath/xquery functions with the
http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xquery-functions namespace uri, perhaps there
could be some namespacing for xpath itself?
 hmm of course allowing people to have any sort of switch like that is a
way of adding complexity to the specification.

We're adding this bit of complexity to the spec so that you can choose
to use the less complex version.