   Re: [xml-dev] Are hyperlinks presentation or content?

John Cowan wrote:

> But there is no node that can provide certified translation of this kind, because
> it would have to have intimate knowledge of both destination and source, which ex
> hypothesi are only available to destination and source respectively.

I believe that I have just described the two cases in which this very condition is
met:
    1)  A document is transmitted to a processing node, in which case that node has
a precise source instance as well as specific local knowledge of the data structure
required by the local process, which is the target form of the transformation.

    2)  A source tree is pulled, in which case the transformation is done at the
node receiving the request for data. That node has its own internal form of the data
requested as the source and has the specific request received as the form of the
target.

Respectfully,

Walter Perry