   RE: RE: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

>As you point out this is done without any schema or static typing
>knowledge built into XSLT. So this kind of static checking is really
not
>an argument to build schema support into XSLT.

Although I definitely don't want XSDL support in XSLT I don't
necessarily think your argument there holds, I mean just because
Programmer X can achieve solution Y based on an advanced knowledge of
two different technologies(z,z2) does not invalidate the desire of
others to make the building of such solutions simpler. Not to imply that
I think xslt 2.0 is going to make the building of such solutions notably
simpler.

By the way was looking at fxpath again recently, do you have any
problems with someone building a partial implementation, reusing bits
etc.