   Re: [xml-dev] RE: SGML On The Web

"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:

| There are an awful lot of Web developers who are quite frustrated by
| HTML.  Working in HTML for any period of time, especially up close,
| leaves most developers wanting something more.

Yes.  More Tag Soup.  They want to command the client: Do This And Then Do
That.  They are not really interested in building an information system.
In a more honest age, we might call the real interest propaganda or even
advocacy, but such terms today are too laced with politically incorrect
connotations to have any chance of generating more light than heat.

Meet the needs of brochureware, and the vast majority of "developers" will
sleep well at night.