   Re: [xml-dev] heritage (was Re: [xml-dev] SGML on the Web)

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> And JITTs look fascinating, and Patrick Durusau's on-stage conversation
> with a real live tree at Extreme Markup was unforgettable!

Pierre (whom Patrick Durusau actually described as an Ent, albeit a young
Ent not yet come into his full deliberative powers) gave two particularly
fascinating answers from his authoritative perspective as a tree-formed
entity:

(paraphrased)

Patrick: Do you have only a single root?
Pierre:  Certainly not.

Patrick: How many roots do you have?
Pierre:  At least as many roots as I have leaves.

Fascinating premises from which to begin a re-thinking of tree-formed
entities.

For those who missed Patrick Durusau's presentation of JITTs in August at
the Extreme Markup conference in Montreal, he will be speaking on this
subject to the XML SIG in New York in January 2003. I will post details
closer to the date, and there will be the opportunity for non-members of the
SIG to reserve places for this presentation.