   Re: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

> So for example a W3C XML Schema module could declare the axis
> "xs:type" to get a node representing the type definition of the
> context node. A RELAX NG module could declare the axis
> "rng:annotation" to get nodes representing the annotations on the
> definition of the context node, if there are any. And so on, as
> appropriate for the schema language.

I think this hints at the missing link for me in this idea of using axes for
XPath m12n.  It's the fact that they operate only in terms of nodes (or,
really, node sets).  For instance, what would the node look like that
represents WXS type info?  Is it just a text node whose string value is the
type URI?  If so, then why not just make it a string?  I suppose it might be a
node in order to be able to represent facets and the like.  I'd have to think
about that hard from both a user and implementor POV.

Apache 2.0 API - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-apache/
Python&XML column: Tour of Python/XML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/18/py.
html
Python/Web Services column: xmlrpclib - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/w