   RE: [xml-dev] Using RDDL as a Distributed Registry Architecture

> From: Roger L. Costello [mailto:costello@mitre.org]
>
> 2. The whole notion of my client's Registry is to create a
> centralized, heavyweight data pool where clients go to find
> the who, what, and where of services.  UDDI has the same
> centralized, heavyweight mentality. This is not harmonious
> with the Web.

Yes and no. DNS is centralized, after a fashion.

> 6. "Since there is not a central registry to look for
> services, how do I locate services in a RDDL-based
> architecture?"  Use a search engine!

What's decentralized about a search engine?

The Web architecture is based on client/server. It's designed for a
client to GET a document from one place, that place being the origin
server. I think the web is more centralized than you give it credit for.

Bill de hÓra
--
Propylon
www.propylon.com