   Re: [xml-dev] Non XML syntaxes

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 17:23, John Cowan wrote:
> Eric van der Vlist scripsit:
>
> > To go further, I am not a Lisper myself (nobody's perfect), but do you
> > think that it would be possible to define basic constructs (maybe
> > borrowing from Lisp) which could be common to authoring syntaxes?
>
> I think standardization at that level is a mistake; for authoring convenience,
> you want as much domain specificity as you can.

Mike also mentioned WikiML which I had forgotten (shame on me) and which
is very different from let's say Relax NG compact syntax and you must be
right.

Too bad, we could have spent the next couple of years to specify the
thing :-) !

Eric
--
Did you know it? Python has now a Relax NG (partial) implementation.
                                          http://advogato.org/proj/xvif/