   Re: [xml-dev] Quick Review of XML 1.1 Candidate Recommendation

>In the general case where you want to wrap up weird bits of binary
>gibberish to control hardware, why don't you just base64 it and not have
>to worry about which of them are magic C0 Controls and which aren't...

Because I want it to be human readable - and yes, I have had to try
and read parts of the termcap file more often than I'd like - and
because I want them to be easier to use than a random syntax made up
for the purpose, not harder.

>And you know perfectly
>well that the people who want these aren't trying to exchange termcaps,
>they're trying to wrap binary gibberish in the trappings of XML
>interoperability.

I believe W3C confidentiality rules prevent me from confirming that :-)

But I agree that the termcap example is not a very compelling one.  It
just happens to be a real one.

BTW, presumably you think the C1 controls should be removed for the
same reason?

-- Richard