   ANN: Gorille 0.5

I've released version 0.5 of Gorille, a set of Java tools for defining
and testing acceptable XML character usage.  The new version has the
same API as its predecessors, but the rules files now use child elements
rather than attributes and the XML 1.1 rules have been updated to
provide support for the new Candidate Recommendation.

http://gorille.sourceforge.net

This version doesn't provide any mechanism for specifying which
characters are acceptable through character references as opposed to
plain text, though I'm planning on adding that.

More generally, I'm hoping to find the time to build Gorille out into a
more general toolkit for managing and exploring interactions between XML
and various issues in Unicode.  We'll see how that goes, but it's clear
that there's plenty of work there worth doing.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether