   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

In a message dated 18/10/2002 14:07:24 GMT Daylight Time, davidc@nag.co.uk writes:

PS

> If a document / page / site is to be re-styled it is much easier, and more
> efficient, to simply change an external CSS style sheet than to adjust
> presentation attributes everywhere in a document.

you wouldn't change then "everywhere in a document" you would just
change them in one place, your xslt stylesheet as opposed to your
css stylesheet.

<grin/> ... True, up to a point. But styling/presentation may be decided on by a person whose primary skills / interest is in presentation and who may well be ignorant of XSLT.... There are actually such non-XSLT literate persons! :)

Letting them tinker with a CSS style sheet still seems to me to be potentially beneficial. Keeping them away from XSLT stylesheets also seems prudent.

I guess the balance in any one setting depends on workflows and distibution of skills among individuals.

Andrew Watt