   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com scripsit:

> I am reminded of what Marie Antoinette so nearly said: "The pedants are
> revolting!". :)

I thought it was "Let them eat brioche!"  After all, it's only a small
matter of liaison that separates _les heros de la revolution francaise_
from _les zeros_.  And I could have gone all Johnsonian on him and come
out with "A man who would make so poor a pun would not scruple to pick
my pocket."  In fact, I praised the pun.  No true pedant would do that.

No, it was just another public-service meme-stomping, along with the
notions that there once was a group called "the Vikings" and the Great
Eskimo Vocabulary Hoax.  Oh yes, and *why* King Canute ordered the tide
to stop coming in.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"In computer science, we stand on each other's feet."