   Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are Dead! Long Live the Browser Wa rs!

Some of your points make a lot of sense, some
I can't judge since I don't know the spec that well,
and some contradict my (admittedly not very extensive)
experience, specifically the points

4) I found it simple to build a simple app.
And the complex features are complex anywhere they are offered,
regardless of technology, since they deal with complex problems.

5) I didn't find that. Found it *a lot* simpler than DCOM.
Seems as simples as SOAP - in those cases where you limit
yourself to what SOAP offers..

8), 9): We have an address verification server in operation
that was originally built with MICO. Then we switched to OmniORB.
Switch was no problem almost no re-work, minor configuration changes,
both are free and quite mature.
They are also available on several platforms (various Unixes,
Windows, Solaris and some more). So, for our (admittedly simple)
application we found that those points did not apply,
although I can imagine that this was quite true in the past.

Karl