   Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are Dead! Long Live the Browser Wa rs!

>I think you are post-fixing
> web architecture and conflating HTTP/REST and web browser
> or Mosaic design skipping right over MIME.

I don't understand this.  First of all, what does MIME have to do with
anything?  Also, since when was a browser HTML only?  Have you forgotten how
MS was pushing IE as the information applicance of the future?  The
integration into the file management widgets?  The word view plug ins and all
that?  How about Java applets?  How about data islands, VML and all that?

It seems you're the one missing history.  The browser was hasn't been an
HTML-only proposition since Netscape and Microsoft took over.  It you're using
Mosaic as your benchmark of what a browser has always been to users and
developers, I think you're setting up a gigantic straw man, and I, for one, am
not following you there.

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/25/p
y.html
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.org/ind