   Re: [xml-dev] Perceived C/B for XML 1.1

Please calm down, Simon.
I believe this is a simple misunderstanding.
"Business", as in "Business Rules" and "Business Partners", does not refer
to commerce any more than the phrase "MYOB" does.

Please see the first definition at
   http://www.dict.org/bin/Dict?Query=business

-Wayne Steele

>From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
>To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
>Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Perceived C/B for XML 1.1
>Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:03:08 -0400
>
>jcowan@reutershealth.com (John Cowan) writes:
> >> Business partners, right.  I don't object strongly to XML 1.1, but I
> >> do object to notions of communication that are just about business
> >> partners.
> >
> >I don't object to a relaxed definition in which you and I count as
> >"business partners", since we have an interest in communicating.
>
>That's offensive, not relaxed.  It's almost as silly as the "all
>computerized communications must be done through formal contracts"
>nonsense we used to hear around XML a few years ago.
>
>Conflating communication into business is just obnoxious.  Perhaps the
>complaints about NEL's priority weren't that far off...

>Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
>http://simonstl.com may be my URI
>http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
>urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!