   Re: [xml-dev] XML as "passive data" (Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002, at 03:21  AM, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
>  One day you want to send an example of a mispelled
> word on purpose, but -whoops! - the object fixes it for you anyway.

I think you should stop using Microsoft products - its beginning to
affect your brain. :-)

But seriously, I acknowledge the need for an object serialization
format that works for interchange.  My current dismay arises at least
partially from finding XML a poor fit for this function.  The DOM
(which is arguably an object representation of XML's structure) doesn't
look much like any kind of model I've ever used to represent
information (basically ER or OO models - which are fairly similar).