   OT: Save me from typing (was: XML as "passive data")

> And since this can be done in C++ too, the question now is:
> Which languages (except C and Java) do *not* support the feature
> described above (often called "properties")?

What I object to (no pun intended) is having to write all those stinkin'
set/get methods.  Why can't I just write:

	private, public int foo;	// private data member, public
accessors

which will (tacitly) generate:

	int getFoo() { return foo;}
	void setFoo( int Foo ) { foo = Foo;}

with appropriate calls to super.get/set methods in cases of derived classes.
Then, if I have too, I can override tacit methods by explicitely writing
method bodies.

Okay, Alaric: which language already does this?  A hybrid approach such as
XML Schema + Castor is one (imperfect) approach that's not going to win any
popularity contests on this list.