   Re: [xml-dev] MS office XML

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] MS office XML
  • From: Justin Lipton <justin@ns.xn.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:16:43 +1000

Does anyone know or have ideas about what XML enabled Office 11 actually
means?

I can't imagine Office having a concept of validity and behaving like a
true XML editor.
It's easier to envisage  being allowed to define tags (like styles) and
markup text such that the output document can be appropriately tagged. I
just can't see it properly handling IDs, IDREFS, ENTITIES, encoding etc.
etc.

There is a hint of this in the following article

Am I being too cynical?
Justin.