Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] MS office XML
- From: Justin Lipton <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:16:43 +1000
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020529
Does anyone know or have ideas about what XML enabled Office 11 actually
I can't imagine Office having a concept of validity and behaving like a
true XML editor.
It's easier to envisage being allowed to define tags (like styles) and
markup text such that the output document can be appropriately tagged. I
just can't see it properly handling IDs, IDREFS, ENTITIES, encoding etc.
There is a hint of this in the following article
Am I being too cynical?