   Re: [xml-dev] We need SAX features to say a parser supports XML

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> Sorry. This can't be done in an erratum. XML 1.0 says what it says.
> Parsers are designed around it. If you're going to change the BNF
> grammar, then you've invented a new language. XML 1.0 plus errata is
> no longer XML 1.0. It is provably true that
>
> <?xml version="1.1"?><root />
>
> is a well-formed XML 1.0 document.

Like it or not, XML 1.0, like all W3C recommendations, is a living document.

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       jcowan@reutershealth.com