   Re: [xml-dev] XML as "passive data" (Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are

At 09:19 PM 10/23/2002 +0100, K. Ari Krupnikov wrote:
>Reading through org.apache.xml.* JavaDocs, with hundreds of protected
>fields and methods, it takes forever to understand what the data
>model, or the intended use are.

You can turn that off with the -public option for the JavaDoc command,
which restricts the output to public classes and members.

>Not all data in an OO object are "real" data that you might want to
>send; much of that are procedural implementation details. Is your
>recipient really interested in those integers you used as loop
>counters?

I guess I prefer to be able to make that choice for myself.  Loop counters
are uninteresting, yes, but the heavy use of private in packages like XT
has caused me more than a few problems.

I guess I'm just happier with XML's all information is public approach - if
it's not relevant, it shouldn't be in the doc...

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue