Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [ANN] Tool to translate XML Schemas into ASN.1 modules
- From: Fabrice Desré <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:09:20 +0200
- Thread-index: AcJ8SVX5EGRen+f3EdaOhQCAXzHsRg==
- Thread-topic: [ANN] Tool to translate XML Schemas into ASN.1 modules
Title: [ANN] Tool to translate XML Schemas into ASN.1 modules
It is my pleasure to announce that France Telecom has released on
the ASN.1 website a prototype tool for ITU-T Recommendation X.694
(Mapping W3C XML Schema definitions into ASN.1).
To use the tool online, go to: http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/xsd2asn1
(make sure to read the "important notes" at the top of the page before
using the tool).
Please note that the standard is not yet stable (it is planned to
be approved at the beginning of 2003) and that the tool implements
the current draft of X.694 (as a consequence, it will be updated in
the future and the generated ASN.1 file could slightly change).
By ticking options, you have the choice to generate XER encoding
instructions as prefixes or comments in front of types, or in an
encoding section at the end of the ASN.1 module. XER encoding
instructions are used by XER tools to vary the XML encoding (use
attributes, space-separated lists...).
More information on ITU-T Recommendation X.694 can be found at:
France Télécom R&D/DTL/TAL
Tél: +(33) (0)2 96 05 31 43
Fax: +(33) (0)2 96 05 39 45