   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Living Documents (Was: We need SAX etc ..)

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Re: Living Documents (Was: We need SAX etc ..)
  • From: "Chris Wilper" <cwilper@cs.cornell.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:47:59 -0400

> I completely agree. So where exactly does that leave RDF? :)

Hah, in the eye of the beholder, surely.
It's good to uniquely label concepts and relate them, though.
It helps us talk, even though our worldviews don't exactly converge.

Personally I hope the RDDL-as-RDF effort ends up giving labels
to some of the common concepts around schema, xml names, and formats
and such....and that people (and machines) can use them effectively.
It could be too high a hope.  We'll see.

- Chris

> Objective "meaning" is a myth: reality is too subtle to be snared in a
> net of words however cleverly chosen.

I completely agree. So where exactly does that leave RDF? :)

	-joe

--
http://bitworking.org