   Re: [xml-dev] Note from the Troll

It seems rather odd to be discussing HR XML problems on this list
when the whole topic area has its own standards body,  the HR-XML
Consorium, http://www.hr-xml.org

Of course, you do have to pitch your pennies into their cup, but they
have a whole bucketful of standards described already, and they are
going to straighten out their namespace in Jan., they say, to make it
more useful. That doesn't change the nature of the problem, but it
does put it, and others of similar nature into a kind of perspective.
You pay your dime and you take your chances.

You can either dig in and try to get a standard more to your liking,
if you are motivated sufficiently, or you just take whatever de facto
standard is left standing when the dust settles. Given the fact that
we don't have either a Y2K boogie man to scare us into a frenzy of IT
restructuring, nor a dot com pipe dream bubbling along with enough
brainless cash to fund it, the market is being dictated by inertia.
So it looks like XML out to the horizon.

Ciao,
Rex