   RE: [xml-dev] Documenting XSLT (Was: Note from the Troll)

What does a documentation element add to XSLT that XML comments cannot provide?

	-----Original Message-----
	From: AndrewWatt2000@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2000@aol.com]
	Sent: Mon 10/28/2002 12:16 PM
	To: tblanchard@mac.com; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: [xml-dev] Documenting XSLT (Was: Note from the Troll)

	In a message dated 27/10/2002 11:49:32 GMT Standard Time, tblanchard@mac.com writes:

		XSLT files are maintainable with the same level of ease as densely
		written perl.  Developers asked to modify them routinely rewrite them
		because they can't figure out what the last guy was doing.

	The problem might, at least partly, be attributed to the absence of a documentation element in XSLT 1.0.

	I have recently posted a comment to the XSLT 2.0 WG asking that they consider adding one to XSLT 2.0. And the response was that they would look at adding a documentation element, despite it being fairly late in the process.

	So we can but sit here with our fingers crossed. You know ... knit one, Perl one. :)

	Andrew Watt