   Re: [xml-dev] Documenting XSLT (Was: Note from the Troll)

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
> If you were designing XSLT 1.0 from scratch wouldn't you add a
> documentation element which can be used widely throughout the document
> (or modules) in the way the the SVG 1.0 <desc> and the XSD Schema
> <documentation> element can be used? And, specifically, wouldn't you
> design that XSLT documentation element so it can be nested inside templates?

Why should every spec invent it's own documentation format
while there is HTML and all the stuff? Its like reinventing the
wheel. I think it is much more flexible to say "at this point,
put whatever you want unless it conflicts with the rest", so that
people can put their doc in there in XHTML, n-walsh-doc, SVG or
whatever.
You know, there are people who want to put links and images into
their docs, and whatnot.
Of course, a <document> element would be of some use if it
encapsulated foreign XML, so that it can be placed anywhere.

J.Pietschmann