   Re: [xml-dev] Article: "The horror of XML"

At 4:42 PM +0000 10/31/02, Richard Tobin wrote:

>At the beginning of every Info Item section there are "XML Definition"
>and/or "XML Syntax" links.  But I guess you must be hoping for more
>detail, because you can't have missed them.

Yes, I am hoping for more detail. The problem is that this defines an
XML element (for example). However, a little later we see: "There is
an element information item for each element appearing in the XML
document." I don't see anything that ties the definition of an
element in real XML to the definition of an element information item
in a synthetic information set. The connection is one way. An element
produces an element information item but an element information item
does not produce an element.