   Re: [xml-dev] Character Entities: An XML Core WG View

> talk to the UTC, not to me.

You were the one to state in the document that ISO entity names formed a
good basis for character naming in XML. I was pointing out that the
description of these things, in common with most other points in the
document, completely misses the issues that make the uses problematic.

The original STIX proposal for mathematics did include the full set
of characters, they were thrown out, that is a UTC issue not an XML core
one, but given that fact I think that the comments in the document
relating to the use of ISO entity names are economical with the truth.

David