   Re: [xml-dev] Do you use Substitution Groups?

At 11/1/02 09:33 AM, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>I haven't been encountering many W3C XML Schemas that use substitution
>groups. Is this because I am dealing with an unrepresentative sample, or
>is this a feature that is not being widely used?
>
>Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

The XrML 2.1 core is virtually all abstract declarations, so any use of
this core means using substitution groups. It ultimately does this to
provide an architectural-forms like-mechanism: certain structures get
defined, and then you design others based on them but closer to your
particular application needs, and those are the ones you actually use.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
(bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists)