   Re: [xml-dev] Character Entities: An XML Core WG View

At 05:38 PM 11/1/2002 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
>  It may be awkward,
>annoying, or funny-looking.  That doesn't make the case for inventing
>a new mechanism, still less looking up like a bunch of sheep and expecting
>someone else to invent it -- and then grumbling about secret processes and
>dictatorial WGs.

Yet when WGs who have been told 'we don't see the need' go and invent it
for themselves, since they do have a need, they get mauled for trying (see
HLink, ad nauseum). Can't have it both ways.

Ann
-----
Ann Navarro, WebGeek, Inc.
http://www.webgeek.com