   Re: [xml-dev] Character Entities: An XML Core WG View

> we are just saying that there's nothing for *us* to do, in our opinion.

Well, as you probably guess, I disagree and think that there is
something that W3C XML activity can do, whether or not that
is "*us*" depends on your definition.

But there probably isn't much point in us filling xml-dev archives with
"yes you can" "no we can't/won't" discussions.

However I think that the document does more than just state that there
isn't anything that XML Core can do. It goes out of its way to state
there really is no problem at all, and to belittle the problems that
people have when they have tried to use entities. As such I think the
document should be withdrawn or redrafted so that it does at least
acknowledge the real problems people face, even if it states that the XML
Core group's position is that it isn't their problem.

David