   Re: [xml-dev] is XML complete?

In a message dated 06/11/2002 17:39:22 GMT Standard Time, simonstl@simonstl.com writes:

Or
(apart from that issue) can XML declare victory and call itself
complete?

Simon,

You must have been at those mushrooms again! :)

There is a ton of work ongoing on XQuery (and therefore also on XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0). And, if my guess is correct, they will pretty much go straight on to add update functionality to XQuery.

And SVG is under ongoing development. Hopefully an SVG 1.2 first WD to appear soon. With SVG 2.0 not far behind. And an SVG / XForms profile.

Oh ... and XForms 1.0 itself.

And XSL-FO just beginning to get decent implementations. XSL-FO 2.0 anyone?

Oh ... and all those XML Security specs.

Oh ... and let's not forget all that "clever" Sem-Web stuff.

Um ... complete? Nope.

Not to forget all the AABSABI stuff - Add A Bit Subtract A Bit Infoset stuff.

And a minor thing called SOAP / Web Services ... WSDL ... with WSXL, WSIL etc coming up behind.

Somehow I see infoglut being much more of a danger than boredom due to "completion".

Andrew Watt