   RE: [xml-dev] XML Database transaction processing tests

> > Does anyone know any Native XML database transaction
> processing tests?
> > For example, what defines a transaction in an native XML database

There are some links at
http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDBLinks.htm#Benchmarks

Our experience in Software AG is that performance comparisons are very
sensitive to the choice of XML document types and queries. We have come
out very well when the benchmark designer shares our view of how XML
databases ought to be used, and we have come out quite badly when they
don't - especially when people try to create a database that essentially
consists of one enormous XML document. So treat everything you read
about benchmarks with a good dose of scepticism.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com