   RE: [xml-dev] XML/RDF

> That's a very nice metaphor!  Not wanting to steal your trade
> secrets, :-) but what are examples of "the right tool" here?

"The right tool" - This is how I got where I am at today. RDF offers much
with its flexible schema but like many technologies it needs tools to do
anything useful with it. That's why I got involved in developing a
semi-structured database server to manipulate RDF data, "RDF Gateway". We
have had great success using RDF Gateway to expose existing data stores
(RSS, RDF, HTML, XML, RDBMS, legacy applications, ...) as RDF, aggregating
the information, and exposing it as either HTML, XML, XML/RDF, RSS....

Having served my time creating RDBMS based applications that needed to
support flexible schemas I appreciate what RDF brings to the table.

Derrish Repchick
Vice President / Cofounder
Intellidimension Inc
www.intellidimension.com

ps: The only sales pitch I am offering here is one for the practicality of
RDF.