   Re: [xml-dev] Alternatives to DOM for writing XML

> Hi all,
>   We are trying to solve the problem of writing large XML documents (so
> large that we can't use our DOM parser because of memory constraints)
> and are wondering how other people have handled the problem.

It seems you may have to roll your own.

I have written an XML writer implementation that has
some similarity to the one in XML.NET. However, this
is coded in Delphi as part of the "SAX for Pascal" project,
so you won't be able to use it.

> I know that
> although "SAXWriter" isn't formally a part of the the SAX API there are
> some libraries that include one, but the parser we use does not. Adding
> to the challenge is the fact that our application is C/C++, so we can't
> easily use Java support. Any suggestions? Thanks.

As mentioned - roll your own.
Depending on the complexity of your application, a purpose built
XML writer might not be that difficult to implement.

Karl