   Re: [xml-dev] Tablet PC ink is XML

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 08:43:40AM -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> We regularly receive requests for systems
> that use handwriting devices to fill in
> forms, particularly ones that gather
> narratives (eg, case descriptions, victim
> statements, etc).  Wrapping that in
> XML format has advantages.  I don't
> know anything about the TabletPC and most
> of these kinds of things I've seen have
> been awkward or error-prone.

I probably know less about it than you do, but a couple of months ago I
attended a .NET presentation put on by Microsoft, and of course one of
the "kewl innovations" the presenter talked about was Ink. So of course
somebody (me) had to ask if it actually worked. Well, it worked when the
presenter was writing, but not when he asked for a volunteer from the
audience. Make of that what you will.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.