   Re: [xml-dev] Tablet PC ink is XML

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:53:18AM -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> It could be the training thing.  Systems
> like this that I've seen before required
> a training set of entries for the system
> to initialize its recognition engine for
> a given person.  My handwriting would require
> weeks for the machine to begin to grok.
>
> What exactly is INK?

All I know is that it's a .NET component that does handwriting
recognition. You don't go to Microsoft presentations expecting to find
out *exactly* what a technology is, do you?

As for the training, you may be right. But I believe the presenter
claimed there was no need for it in most cases.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)