   RE: [xml-dev] more QName madness

Hmmm. And I though my PUNTed documents were unacceptably ugly.

Couldn't we just create a mechanism whereby conflicting names in a document
(composed from different sources) are temporarily uniqueified with a
transient qualifier? I mean, do we really need to make sure that names are
_globally_ unique? Why can't we just enforce uniqueness within a processing
context through a common syntactic construct?

Just askin'.