   Re: [xml-dev] RDF/XML Syntax Working Draft 2002-11-08 Published

> > > * Some non-namespaced attributes were returned to the grammar:
> > >   ID, bagID, about, resource, parseType or type
> > >
> > > This makes a lot of existing RDF/XML work without warnings but apart
> > > from them, in particular we wanted to ensure that the Adobe XMP
> > > profile of RDF/XML and that used in Mozilla remained valid.
> >
> > <aol>Yaaaaaaaay!</aol>
> >
> > Even though you didn't do it for the reasons I argued, I'm very
> > glad you did it.
>
> I thought you would :)
>
> However it does make that bit of the grammar more complex and I've
> not properly explained to my satisfaction what do when both are seen,
> apart from saying it is illegal.  Such as:
>   ... <foo:bar about="something" rdf:about="somethingelse"> ...

I'm not sure what's wrong with just saying it's illegal.

> See notes and recommendations near
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#eventterm-attribute-URI

Sorry, but since you cracked the door open, I'll personally be turning a blind
eye to that "SHOULD NOT".  I *really* do not like

<rdf:Description rdf:about="...">...

And I'll avoid it as long as I am not entirely proscribed from using

<rdf:Description about="...">...

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/25/p
y.html
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.org/ind