   Re: [xml-dev] RDF and the new releases

In a message dated 15/11/2002 17:14:20 GMT Standard Time, simonstl@simonstl.com writes:

tbray@textuality.com (Tim Bray) writes:
>I'd go further.  I think the current RDF/XML syntax is so B.A.D.
>(broken as designed) that it has seriously got in the way of people
>being open-minded about RDF.  I'm baffled why the RDF working group
>has been forbidden to work on replacing that syntax. -Tim

I'd go further than that, and say that the other major intersection of
XML and URIs, Namespaces in XML, is also broken as designed.

I'm baffled as to why that mess keeps getting implanted more deeply into
XML technologies rather than stripped out and redesigned, or at least
isolated to a minimum field where it can't do additional damage.

>B.A.D. (broken as designed)

I like that.

There is always the phrase "Considered Rubbish As Proposed". :)

Andrew Watt