   Re: [xml-dev] more QName madness

Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> writes:

>   Well currently interop is not addressed, there is no way to get the
> semantic of the XPointer from the namespaced scheme name.

Surely that's not the point -- the point for interop is simply that
any given application knows the names of the schemes it implements.
Reasonable guarantees of uniqueness of scheme names, such as that
provided by using URIs via QNames, are all that's required to prevent
mistakes here.

No-one _ever_ claimed that using QNames would mean that a
general-purpose XPointer processor would be able to look up the scheme
name and find some operationalisable description of scheme semantics.

ht