   Re: [xml-dev] RDF for unstructured databases, RDF for axiomatic systems

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> TimBL's N3 is growing in popularity as a non-XML reworking of the RDF
> syntax.

N3 is *not* a serialization of RDF. It has a quantifer, implication,
and rules of inference, all of which make its (vague) semantics
different to those in the RDF model theory. It's closer to DAML or
KIF than RDF. Tho' I'm quite sure you know this.

> Tim Bray's RPV could be turned into a straightforward XML version of
> N3. It look like that is the way RDF is going -- I'd bet that the current
> RDF/XML gets deprecated at some point.

No argument there.

> N-triples (a lite version of N3)

I believe N-triples is in fact a serialization of RDF.

Bill de hÓra

--
Propylon
www.propylon.com