   RE: [xml-dev] Links, XML, IE+NS Support

> How do I include a link to another document in XML?

Any way you like. Just include a URL (absolute or relative) somewhere in
the structure, or some other information (such as an account number)
from which you can calculate a URL.

Use an XPointer if you feel like it; but since there's not much software
support for XPointer this doesn't add much value.

What do you want to do with the XML? If you want to convert it to HTML
for display, using an XSLT stylesheet, then the link in your XML should
be something you can convert to an <A> element in the HTML.

> I don't want to use XML Namespaces as they do not work properly for
this purpose ( I have the XML bound to a html table in a HTML document,
It does not work in both IE6(with and without SP1) and NS7 with
namespaces used. (Including XLINK)

Namespaces are completely orthogonal to linking, so I can't see why you
should expect namespaces "to work properly for this purpose".

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com