   Re: [xml-dev] XML and XSLT help needed

On 18 Nov 2002 at 21:46, MJRyan wrote:

> Hope someone posts an answer for this one. The original problem as
> described was the user was unable to transform the
> "http://www.evrsoft.com"; from the attribute into an actual usable link
> in the rendered page. It shows up as justdata. I have the same
> problem and was hoping someone had an answer.

As Michael Kay said, the best place to look for answers is xslt-list.
I'll go ahead and give you a very limited answer:

  Given an input of:
    <file location="http://www.evrsoft.com";>Download</link>

  The following template:
    <xsl:template match="file">
      <!-- {xxxx} is an attribute value template. The curly braces
           tell the processor to evaluate the contents as an expression
           - otherwise they are treated as literal text. -->
        <xsl:value-of select="."/>
      </a>
    </xsl:template>

  Will produce this output:

Now, if that doesn't solve your problem, then you are probably lacking
some basic knowledge about how to do XSLT, in which case you have
two choices: (1) post a precise and thorough description of what you
are trying to do and the results you are getting (including sample
code), or (2) find a good XSLT book or online tutorial and start
studying.

It's not that we don't want to help, but the question as presented is
a lot like calling up your ISP's tech support and saying, "I can't get
on the Internet." Just like the ISP tech, we need more information to
even take a reasonable guess at the cause of the problem.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO  USA