   RE: [xml-dev] The perils of P18S (was Re: [xml-dev] Why RDF is hard )

That webpage [1] is certainly rich in R&D projects.

At 19/11/2002 11:16:29, "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it> wrote:
#  >the only app I've seen using RDF is Mozilla, but I lead a
#  >sheltered life. Can
#  >you cite me some others, please?
#
#  Copying and pasting from the survey of Semantic Web application areas at
#  [1]. The survey doesn't try to be exhaustive in it's list of apps, just
#  giving examples. A lot of the things listed below are categories, but most
#  of those have at least one implementation linked from the survey.  Note that
#  the applications will be at varying stages of development and at least one
#  isn't necessarily RDF, but I think it gives the idea:
#
#  Data integration :
#  B2B web service mediation
#  Catalogue integration
#  Database integration example
#  Financial Portals
#  Gene Ontology
#  Mozilla
#  eScience Data Grids
#
#  Data-dependent agents :
#  Financial Assistant
#  ITTalks
#  Jema
#  Shopping assistants
#  Virtual Travel Agent
#
#  Knowledge management :
#  Community formation
#  Community portals
#  Helpdesk support
#  OntoShare - community of practice support
#  PatMan
#  PlanetOnto
#  Sun GKE
#  ePerson
#
#  Semantic indexing and semantic portals :
#  Community Arkive
#  Community portals
#  Context aware links
#  Curriculum Online
#  Distributed topic portals
#  HP Portal
#  ITTalks
#  Museum portals
#  MusicBrainz
#  PlanetOnto
#  Score
#  Semantic tagging
#  TAP semantic search
#
#  Personal information management :
#  Bibliography workbench
#  Community bookmarking
#  Event tracking
#  Genealogy assistant
#  Haystack
#  Ideas workbench
#  Jema
#  Mozilla
#  ePerson
#
#  Metadata for annotating and enriching :
#  Annotea
#  Assumption tracker
#  Bibliography workbench
#  Community Arkive
#  Community bookmarking
#  Distributed topic portals
#  EARL
#  Gene Ontology
#  MIT/HP SIMILE project
#
#  Metadata for description, discovery and selection :
#  B2B trading market-places
#  DCMI registry
#  Edutella
#  HP Portal
#  MIT/HP SIMILE project
#  MUSE
#  Recommendation Networks
#  Scholnet
#  SeLeNe
#  Semantic tagging
#  Sun GKE
#  Web service description and discovery
#
#  Metadata for media and content :
#  Adobe XMP
#  Arkive internal
#  MIT/HP SIMILE project
#
#  Knowledge formation :
#  Assumption tracker
#  Bibliography workbench
#  ClaiMaker/Scholonto
#  Community Arkive
#  Community formation
#  DMOZ - Directory Mozilla - open directory
#  Ideas workbench
#  SWAP - semantic web and peer-to-peer
#
#  Catalogue and Thesaurus management :
#  Catalogue Management
#  Catalogue integration
#  DMOZ - Directory Mozilla - open directory
#  Thesaurus management
#
#  Syndication :
#  Event tracking