   Re: [xml-dev] The truth about standards...

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 04:12:37 +1100, Rick Jelliffe <ricko@allette.com.au> wrote:

> Oh, is Gosling saying standards were accepted (by other people)
> before they are written? I took it to mean that he is claiming
> that standards have been accepted (by standards bodies) before
> they have been written.

The Gosling paper is sublty tounge-in-cheek.  It's not for authoritative
assertions to be deconstructed, it's for deep insights into the whole
Gestalt of hi-tech standards.
It was written about 10 years ago but is probably more true
today than ever.

One really must read it to appreciate it.