   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Open XPath NG mailing list

> > """
> > Some of us who do not like XPath and XSLT 2.0 are earnestly trying
> > to get work going on XPath NG.
> > """
>
> I wish you luck, but I do suggest that you quickly find yourselves a
> different name for the project. I've no idea (and don't really care)
> what the legal position is, but you will be doing the community a
> disservice if you create confusion around the XPath name.

First of all, I think you've misunderstood what I've done.  All I've done is
create a mailing list.  As the welcome message, which I excerpted in this
message to which you responded says, it is also open to discussion of W3C
XPath 2.0.  It is also naturally open to some discussion of standard
extensions to XPath 1.0.

So I don't know what confusion you are talking about at this time.

No one has yet written a spec called anything at all.  If we come up with a
spec on that mailing list, we'll decide the name then.  I personally certainly
would have no compunction about using the name "XPath NG" for such a spec.  I
don't see how that would be any more confusing than, say the name "EXSLT" or
"JDOM".  But I don't speak for all the members of the mailing list.

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/25/p
y.html
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.org/ind
ex.php/article/articleview/663/1/24/