   RE: [xml-dev] General Public License for DTD and Schema

  • To: "Winchel 'Todd' Vincent III" <winchel@mindspring.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] General Public License for DTD and Schema
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:00:19 -0800

I've never heard of a GPL category of licenses before. Looking at the OSI web page I see that they still refer to their licenses as "Open Source Licenses" not GPLs. It looks like you are taking a common term and applying your own unique interpretation of it which is potentially confusing to users.

Besides the above observation I don't have any more feedback on the license.