   Re: [xml-dev] Representing Code Lists

Hi Paul,

The OASIS ebXML Registry specification describes a more general taxonomy
representation model where a  ClassificationScheme can be used to
represent a Code List and ClassificationNodes may be used to define a
flat or hierarchical structure within a ClassificationScheme to
represent the values in that code list.

The registry performs validation of proper usage of code list values in
other documents. The code values may be used to classify or categorize
arbitrary content (e.g. an OAG BOD, an XML Schema etc.) . Such
classification information may then be used to discover the classified
content using ad hoc queries in XML as well as SQL query syntax.

The OASIS ebXML Registry specification V2.1 is an approved OASIS
standard and may be found at:

    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.1/specs/

An royalty free implementation of ebXML Registry V2.1 may be found at:

    http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/

Work is underway on V3 of the ebXML Registry specifications which
defines several important features:

-Automatic content validation and cataloging

-Cooperating registry federations

-RESTful interface

The open source implementation provides many of the V3 features already.

--
Regards,
Farrukh