   Re: [xml-dev] General Public License for DTD and Schema

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:09:20AM -0500, Winchel 'Todd' Vincent III wrote:
> A couple weeks back, I mentioned a General Public License that I have been
> drafting with the input of a few others specific to DTD and Schema.
>
> The GPL has been posted at the following link and I would apprecaite any
> comments you have on it.
>
> http://www.xmllegal.org/Legal/GeneralPublicLicense.htm
>
> Somone recently asked me to compare it to the OASIS intellectual property
> policy.  My answer is below.  Your comments on this would be appreciated as
> well.

  Come'on you cannot live in such a closed bubble that you did not realized
that "General Public Licence" and the GPL acronym correspond to an existing
Licence which has been in huge use for more than a decade.
  I have no idea what's your Licence expects to convey but you MUST really
really change your Licence name, since it isn't identical to the original one:

   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Daniel