   Re: [xml-dev] What is XHTML 2.0 for?

In a message dated 21/11/2002 19:53:15 GMT Standard Time, paul@prescod.net writes:

I understand that Andrew Watt has got some people's backs up with his
questioning but I think that there is a legitimate question among the
rhetoric. (I think he's very misguided about browser development models
and some other issues, but anyhow...)

Ah, but I am working on you with my carefully reasoned arguments. <grin/> .... Maybe I can get you to move to "I *think* he's very misguided but there is maybe a 0.1% chance that there might be something in this ... ". :)

The question is: what problem with XHTML 1.0 in particular and the Web
in general is XHTML 2.0 supposed to solve?

I think that was pretty much one of the questions I was hoping to get answers to.

But, XHTML is actually at version 1.1.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml11-20010531

The abstract and introduction
for XHTML 2.0 don't really say.

Absolutely.

Andrew Watt
"XHTML 2.0 - the W3C leading the Web to its full potential ... to implement yesterday's technology tomorrow"